View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 03:33 AM
dwizzy130
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Antivirus Programs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siq Mawsh View Post
I am new to smartphones and I am wondering if I should have an antivirus program. I have Avira on my desktop which I think is great, never had a virus or anything. They offer a mobile antivirus product and I'm wondering if I should go with that or if there are better alternatives.

Basically, an antivirus program is not very useful on a PPC currently. They just eat up valuable resources. I have a friend who bought some antivirus program for his PPC (forget the name but it has a well known desktop brother) and he showed me the virus definitions, there were a total of 12.

To put it simply, people don't really waste their time making WM viruses because they would have to have specific targets and not just be able to mass send it and hope the people that get it have PPCs.

Also, in the worst case (1 in a billion) that you do get a virus on Windows Mobile, a hard reset would get rid of it.

Hope this helps,

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 2 times.