View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
helix139
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsupra95 View Post
Hello, first off I would like to thank everyone who has contributed this thread except the Verizon-Sprint wars. ALL CARRIERS SUCK! There, that settles that. Now back to my real intentions. I have devoutly read every post to this thread and did the search on this site and XDA about the steps or process to activate a Sprint TP on Verizon. They all seem to say something a little different. I even requested the help of a member thru PM with no response (I know people have lives) which I understand. I tried to go to the link posted but it seems like the mods took it down or something. I made the mistake of ordering a Sprint TP to get it activated on Verizon and a day later this thread came out. I freaked of course but not ready to give up. I should get my Sprint TP today and want to get it done right the first time. I have experience flashing roms, building roms (Apache, Titan), using QPST for agps fix on my Verizon Titan but I cant seem to find the complete steps in getting the TP over to Verizon. Some places I've read about using QPST and other places not mention of it. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right the first time so I dont lose or erase vital info off the TP or my Titan. I talked to Verizon when I first bought the TP on Monday and I got a very helpful rep who seemed like he new what he was talking about. He told me to get it unlocked and taken down to the Verizon store and get it flashed with Verizon software and then we could get it added to the Verizon network, but I've read the similar posts of this answer with no results when it came down to it. I'm not much on asking for help, I usually figure things out for myself but I dont want a $300 paper weight. Any help thru this post or PM would greatly be appreciated.
Flash the pre-release Verizon ROM, Radio, and Bored's PRI. Enter all the PST settings that have been previously mentioned in several threads, copy over the public DMU key, and when you can get it to get verizon's towers when you dial *228, (hopefully I'm not missing anything there, it's been a while since I've done it) then try and get it added to the DMD. Once you get it added to the DMD, then activate it and try to get it to write your HA and AAA keys by connecting in 1XRTT mode (this can be forced using PPST). You may need several DMU resets. Data should work after that, but if not then re-activate a phone with working data and copy the keys from that phone, re-activate your TP, and paste the keys in your touch pro using PPST.