View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
boggsie
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Skipping first boot (stylus calibration) wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
You lost me on what you were trying to say

So, are you familiar with the method of skipping the first boot wizard? (of course you are)

You can (or rather, could) use an oem rgu entry like the following to completely skip past the first boot wizard and pre-calibrate your stylus:

Code:

;Skip Welcome Screen
;=============================================================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Welcome]
  "Disable"=dword:FFFFFFFF

;Stylus Calibration
;=============================================================
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]
  "CalibrationData"="1982,1990 3121,3047 3123,951 852,955 862,3025"
In prior versions of your kitchen, I could get this to work by going into the various rgu's and provxml's and making sure there weren't any conflicting settings.

The advantage is that you don't have to do anything on first boot, the PPC goes right into User Customization ... if you flash a bunch, stopping to calibrate the stylus is a pita and with the right registry settings (above) completely un-necessary.

One thing that prevents this method of skipping the first boot wizard is to include the welcome application as a startup item in initflashfiles.dat. So another thing that has to be done is to edit that file to remove the following line:

Code:
Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("Welcome.lnk","\Windows\welcome.lnk")
So, I tried to use my OEM and I couldn't skip the first boot wizard. Then, I tried to delete the above line from initflashfiles.dat and User Customization will run, but after reboot, the phone never comes out of the wait-cursor.

Ultimately, my question; what I am wondering is - have you done any investigation to determine why preventing the welcome application from running at first boot is causing the behavior I have experienced?

Best regards,
-boggsie