Old 05-05-2009, 09:11 PM
kngtut79
Lurker

kngtut79 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kngtut79
Re: help interstorage disapeared

maybe someone can help me. i am running sprint's stock rom. i bought a new car stereo which plays audio files from usb. i thought it'd be cool to not have to carry my ipod all the time, and just use my diamond's music. it worked with no problem, but while connected, internal storage disappeared from file explorer. Music files still played, but i had to disconnect from usb if i wanted to navigate to a particular song quickly. Problem lies here: when i disconnected, it renamed internal storage to internal storage2 and had a system folder called internal storage. the internal storage2 has the micro sd logo next to it, indicating to me that its the one i wanted. After trying to sync my phone unsuccessfully today, i noticed that there was a disk drive j under "my computer." It has the files i want, but file explorer refuses to show it. i tried formatting it from "my computer" and although formatting worked, file explorer still has yet to recognize the card. any help? oh! the first time i disconnected phone from usb, it told me what my treo used to whenever i popped my sd card back in. " it looks like you've inserted an external storage device. would you like windows to search for audio and video files?" or something like that.