lazer9
PPCGeeks Regular

lazer9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs v. 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
I recall needing to restore my backup twice as I had a similar situation after flashing 1.3. After that it seemed alright. FWIW though, I've had several lockups today where the Microsoft error report popped up for mobileshell.exe.

I don't think that happened under 1.0-1.2. Might be a coincidence. Lazer9, did you get past your trouble with MS3 and 1.3?
Actually I finally reverted back to 1.0 then used an older backup pre-MS3 install so I could re-install it back in from scratch. I do believe part of my problem was prior to 1.3, I removed the current Windows Live with SKTools thinking that would be the safer bet since this version had a newer and I wanted to make sure the backup didn't conflict. In the end, this seems to have been a huge mistake on my part as I ended up with a Frankenstein backup. Then I had some strange things going on with contacts and the new iContacts program wasn't displaying them all but the "Outlook contacts" was. So I probably soured myself from 1.3 due to all this.

Really, I'm satisfied with 1.0 other than I always like that "little bit more" free space and mentioned "improvements" in later versions.

---

Just another thought on something I touched on before. Is it not even more storage memory consumption down the road when you "update" a given program that has been included/cooked within the ROM? Another words, like double the space used whereas if you were to have a "Plain Jane" ROM and add, Windows Live, Search, ect... via cab install after flash? The reason I mention this again is I did manage to upgrade Windows Live to latest, however I noticed an additional 2.x megs of space consumed after wards.

Again just my thoughts, I think Base is the best route and makes the most sense in the end, no matter what you want installed after wards. - M2D, ect... ?