View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 08:35 AM
kcallis
PPCGeeks Regular

kcallis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro woes...

I bought a phone that was flashed with ToO ROM. The phone seemed to work perfectly, but a day or so later, the screen would just go completely black, and it would take several soft reboots, before I could even see the screen light up.

Thinking it was a firmware issue, I flashed over to Mighty ROM 4, but I would still get the occasional blackouts. One day, I decided to change to change the power setting for battery so that it would not go to standby mode. Surprisingly, it worked... The TP would run just fine, except the battery life would burn up real quickly (about a hour or so), so I am not able to just freely carry the phone around... Needing to always have the phone plugged into the lighter or on the wall charger.

Has anyone run into such an issue? Changing ROMs does not make any difference... Although I am currently running Mighty ROM 4, I have also tried Mighty ROM 5 as well as Juicy, and the same results. Also note, that when the screen blackouts out, the phone still rings, sound effects (like sliding the keyboard open or closed) works, etc.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!