View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
rdavidsmith
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CatchMe] Tool to communicate devices using GPS/SMS with no internet connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by acontrasto View Post
I hate to lead this thread off course, but mstevens is right. Simple GPS coordinates require no data connection. The only thing that occurs during Latitude and Longitude position acquisition is communication with the GPS satellites via the GPSOne chip in HTC phones that are based on the MSM 7200 series chipset. That's not a data connection. Although, if the program downloads map tiles similar to what google maps does, then yes it would use data.

Very interesting application though.
I wasnt speaking of a specific action in a GPS APP but if the APP itself as a whole uses data to function. Thats it. If i kill my data connection google maps doesnt like that. I know how GPS works hence no data connection on the Tom Tom in ur car. Bla bla bla...but I do understand what the first guy is saying.

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!