View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Omega Ra
Halfway to VIP Status

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs v. 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
A loaded ROM would be nice but not one that is Too loaded. At first I thought it would be AWESOME, but the more I think about it I think tweaking the Base ROM would be best. When you change things like swapping out Samsung Contacts for iContacts, is the best. You are taking the basic parts of WM and making them better, Alot Better. Swapping out the task manager to a better one is another good idea (either FDC or HTC).

One thing I don't think would be a good idea would be to bloat your slimmed down ROM with bloatware that could (should) be installed in My Stroage. Google maps is a great example. I bet 90% of us have google maps installed but if it was on the main storage it would just take up useless space. Here is what I propose be added for your Loaded ROM.

Task Manager (HTC or FDC)
S2U2
Fingerkeyboard 2.1 w/ the better skins (That would be me Omega Ra)
Samsung Dialer skins by Tiki Dragyn (we can activate it via registry)

1.3 Note - With the Samsung Dialer enabled the "call log" button does nothing (probably because of iContacts being installed).

Fixed.