View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 AM
badutahboy
Regular 'Geeker

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cricket Portal Everything Crickettt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
I was assuming that one could change something in the registry for a program like MS live or Messenger to go through the proxy server to get the info. Because we set-up the phone to go thru the wap/proxy to get on the internet...why not so for everything else.

I believe that my theory would work but only if someone that was a good phone geek had cricket service. Right now...no one give a darn about cricket.
Some programs will let you modify their port settings and set up a proxy via their settings or regedits, but the majority won't. I know there are IM clients you can use with cricket's internet, but there is no way to make pocket outlook work for syncing email.. you have to use a program like mail2web.

That's not what Alex was saying though.. His post said he was going to try to spoof settings from the aircards in order to bypass the proxy on your phones.. and that won't work.