View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 08:56 PM
vietdivx
Lurker

vietdivx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Home Of The 6.5 Customizations: The XBmod Rhodium Mix, "NEW TRI POD MODE"

This is my experience with the contents relavent to this thread. The Merdin 4-13 rom with a clean flash will load up a known error and will display Windows Mobile 6.5 interface. It already has xbmod installed. You can access this by going to start>system>today. In the Items(i think its labeled that) tab, unselect windows default(wm 6.5 interface with the vertical menus) and select touchflo. This will give you the Touchflo3D version 2 aka xbmod.
I have installed SBP shell and it works. When the shell is install i notice delays when i slide the keyboard out; when its not installed on this rom it is faster. I also tried to install tflodetacher which should allow to toggle to touchflo but it didn't work for me. If I get it working i'll let you know.

Merdin beta 4-26. I notice that this rom already has sbp installed. It doesn't have touch flo access though. In my opinion this rom has more features such as s2uk or watever its called. There should be a way to get xbmod on here to display touchflo3d. When i try it doesn't work because it says some untrusted cerficate error while installing one of the files. I'll also keep everyone updated on this info. SBP on this rom preinstalled seems faster than when i try to install sbp on 4-13. Until my next post i'll do more research ...

Edit: 5/1/09 8:39PM - I just flashed back to 4-26-09 to test out a few configs. I remembered the first time I ran this rom the sliding keyboard had to lag when the screen switched to horizontal view. I noticed that it is slower now. I am annoyed by the speed that I Hard reseted the rom by going to system>clear storage. That did not help it. I can't explain why Pandora always have my account logged in when I'm in this rom. I have flashed my phone many times with different roms and did hard resets but everytime im on a clean 4-26-09 rom it loads my pandora settings. BTW pandora doesn't work. it would just lead to a connection error for me. still teting out bugs.

Last edited by vietdivx; 05-01-2009 at 11:43 PM.