View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 01:14 PM
JonV
Regular 'Geeker

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
I backed up with SPB backup after flashing the leaked ROM, then flashed a full restore with Rozzer's ROM, using ROM update mode and leaving "Overwrite files" unchecked. Active Sync wouldn't work. Then I reflashed with "Overwrite files" and ActiveSync worked again. But both versions put back all of the VZW crap, and filled the ROM back up.

I would like to see a way to change ROMs and still add back all of my installed apps, but I think when you restore the "system" portion of the ROM, you get the bad back with the good, meaning that the old ROM is basically restored.

If anyone knows how to quickly restore favorite APPs into a new ROM, I think that is what everyone is looking for. I know Sashimi was one way, but i find it just about as fast to simply manually restore from 2 main folders on my storage card, under "CABs", called Main and My Storage, which is where I will install them to.
I was psyched as I read lazer9's account a couple post back that restoring using SPB backup seemed to be the answer once you used the correct settings (which is what I was about to research) however Robtao's findings seem to differ. Maybe I'll have to experiment myself.

I count 38 apps in my Remove Programs list. Some of these won't be needed because they are cooked in. I also keep the installers on the SD card so it is somewhat simpler to reinstall than to surf all over heck. However, it's not just the re-installing that's the pain. It's getting all the registration keys back in place and the re-tweaking of the settings to get back where I was.

Restoring after the leaked ROM was pain free obviously due to it be the same but better version.

It is obvious to me that reclaiming 70-80mb of storage and having a snappier system is worth the pain. However, I'm trying to make sure I have to do it before I do it. Thanks for your help.