Robtao
Regular 'Geeker

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruven98 View Post
That's a really good question, because i too just recently had to re-flash to the "leaked" rom and re-installed all my apps that i'm running. Then backed up with Resco.

I really want to try Big A's cooking skills myself. So if we flash over to 1.0 and restore from back up, what are we left with?
I backed up with SPB backup after flashing the leaked ROM, then flashed a full restore with Rozzer's ROM, using ROM update mode and leaving "Overwrite files" unchecked. Active Sync wouldn't work. Then I reflashed with "Overwrite files" and ActiveSync worked again. But both versions put back all of the VZW crap, and filled the ROM back up. Edit: Maybe not both.

[Edit: I am not certain of the differences between "Overwrite" or not. I don't think I checked to see about the Verizon crap being there when I unchecked "Overwrite" because ActiveSync not working was a deal breaker.]

I would like to see a way to change ROMs and still add back all of my installed apps, but I think when you restore the "system" portion of the ROM, you get the bad back with the good, meaning that the old ROM is basically restored.

If anyone knows how to quickly restore favorite APPs into a new ROM, I think that is what everyone is looking for. I know Sashimi was one way, but i find it just about as fast to simply manually restore from 2 main folders on my storage card, under "CABs", called Main and My Storage, which is where I will install them to.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

Last edited by Robtao; 04-27-2009 at 03:33 PM.