View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Stoney60
PPCGeeks Regular

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzap View Post
Stupid Question: I've tried going back a couple few pages but I'm not exactly clear what this "ringer" issue is? I'm on Mighty 4.8 and have the latest Sprint Radio..and haven't had issues with my ringer(well sometimes but that's only because I keep forgetting there's a separate volume area for the ringer/system) Does it not take mp3s or something?
Many folks who have custom ringtones in their ring folders that are MP3s or WMAs are missing calls, because they don't work. They need to be converted to WAV files to work. Not everyone is having the problem and other ROMS are affected too. (I first read about it in the Juicy ROM thread. There are conversion programs around the threads somewhere. I myself d/l'd a free conversion / ripper program from downloads.com.
A few minutes to thoroughly answer someone's question in detail can save hundreds of hours of searching and reading thousands of pages in these forums. A little patience goes a long ways and doesn't leave a bad taste in peoples mouths.

Last edited by Stoney60; 04-27-2009 at 10:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.