View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Schenley
N00b

Schenley is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs

Well, I took a trip to my local Verizon store and got lucky! I think there were several factors in my favor to them replacing my phone:

- There were three people working the tech counter. Two geeky looking guys (like me), and a girl. I was lucky enough to get the girl. No offense, but I had the feeling that if I got one of the guys, they would have known what I did...

- I didn't offer up any information. I just said it won't boot. She immediately went down the road that it was probably charged for too long.

- There was an irate lady in there with a Dare that was cursing up a storm. Apparently, she was in the store for two days trying to get her Dare working right, and they were not much help to her.

Anyway, she offered to replace the phone under warranty (I didn't get the insurance). Lucky Lucky!

So, now I still want to do the new ROMs, but obviously don't want another Monahan's Brick Company special.

I'm trying to think what went wrong. Could USB 1.1 cause a brick? That's the only thing I could think of that might have been different than the masses.