View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
ca2l3vin
PPCGeeks Regular

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon DOES CHARGE WIFI USAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967cat View Post
"Oh and we cant monitor WiFi Usage so you can use it all you want. Its just your still paying to use our networks EVDO meaning WIFI is only useful now for a little bit faster speeds. The use of WIFI does not determine any cost what so ever as its connecting to a network that is NOT ours (like how you pay for a Broadband Card or Cable/DSL connection but you can still connect to wifi for free anywhere you go.)"

Thats the thing I don't use the EVDO! I accually deleted the #777 number from my conections. I can't send or recieve pics, but I don't need too. So how am I being charged for WIFI USAGE ONLY! I only use the internet at home, at work, or on other WIFI networks. I don't get it.
If your using any of the new pda's mentioned above it doesnt matter anyways your paying for the service again like if your paying for cable they dont care if you dont use the service your going to pay to have that type of connection.

If you have pda before then. you must have them BLOCK NATIONAL ACCESS for data on your account to have that block be truely perm (wifi will still work) if not an ota will just replace the data connection settings (also as said before make sure its off in the comm manager aswell.)

If your getting charged and your on PayAsUGo then your a prime example of WHY they did this in the first place. your using the service if they are charging you data SOME how weather on accident or w/e.
This post has been thanked 2 times.