View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 10:14 PM
xPosTech
Regular 'Geeker

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base ROM

leongs one other thing. When you flash the next time turn off or unplug all other USB devices. I don't use a hub (except for the one on the motherboard). I know there is supposed to be no interaction, etc. but I'm a little paranoid when flashing.

I also reboot the host system right before the flash. If you feel like it, shut down any IM routines, etc. in the taskbar. If I had anything Norton (it's been years) I would shut that down, too.

My system is powered through a UPS using a Duralast tractor battery. At about 30 minutes run time on the battery the UPS drivers heat up and warn of 5 minutes left. I've been meaning to add a 12V muffin fan to it but . . .I lost my round toit?

I just do everything I can think of to nip in the bud anything that could interfere with the flash. Old habits die hard.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.