PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Disapointed with Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
Yes, you are being a bit on the unreasonable side by trying something that no wireless carrier on earth would do for any of its customers. If you would like to leave your current carrier just becuse they won't go out of their way to bypass regular guidelines, that's on you. I wouldn't bother opening up a can of worms with anyone anywhere for such a reason as it's pretty much frowned upon IMHO.
For what? Wanting FULL upgrade eligability 2 weeks early? I'm not talking about early termination, I signed a contract and I am looking to fuflill that contract and I knew ahead of time that it would cost me to get out of it early, but thats not what I was looking for.

Mutiny32,
Its not that they wont let me renue, they will certainly do that, I'm just asking to get the same things now as I would in 2 weeks. Sure, I could wait two weeks, thats not what the big deal is about.
The reason I asked to do it now in the first place was because Best Buy had a sale on the phone my wife wanted. Now, I did ask if Sprint if they would be willing to price match, and they said no. Well ok I suppose but its unusual for a company not to price match especailly thier own retailer, but thats not really what I was looking for, I just wanted the ability to upgrade now. Thats not the issue here, just one of the pieces.
In the end I could wait two weeks, well, less than a week really. But if you think that its just two weeks and I sould wait, does not the same thing apply to Sprint? Its just a week, its not like its 8 months, and heck, they get to guarentee me for the next two years.
Oh, I dont think I was in a mood that indicated "back off" when I was in the store, maybe I could have. Having a wife walking around on crutches though would make me assume that they would try and go to her instead of making her go to them. I did lie though, I did have one interaction, one of the salesman approached me and asked me to take my 30lb daughter down from sitting on the counter since he was afraid she would break the 1" thick glass, so no problem I did, I only had her up there because she like to see the phones with me. But after I took her down he promptly turned and walked away, no other interaction even though he was already there.

In the end it wasnt the pieces, it was the general feeling of the interactions, especially ecare. In the past I have always felt like a valued customer, very very valued as a matter of fact, which is why I love sprint, but this time I felt like I would expect to feel as a Verizon customer, or an ATT customer, not what I normally feel like as a Sprint customer. And maybe its more of a fear, a fear that in Sprints current situation they will resort to customer service like the other providers have. IMO the last couple of years of customer service have been to try and convince people to come back after the years, and their stigma, of horrible customer service. But when your loosing billions and ATT is showing a profit, it could be mighty tempting to try and emulate their services.

Meatgel,
If I could use the dang thing more I would like to have data, but since I cant bring it to work thats 8-10 hours a day I couldnt use it, and most of the rest of my day is spent at home and I have Wi-Fi there. I would love to have it for traveling, its just hard to justify the cost when I would be using it very little.

In the end I could try and beat up retentions, and threaten to end my contract, but I dont want to be that guy who plays those games. I have 3 months left on contract, I'll play out those 3 months and see if I just had a bad week, and if it then comes to the point of canceling I'll see what retentions does, but I'm not going to threaten to end my contract over this, I'm only disapointed in Sprint, not upset, mad, furious, or anything else, just a little bummed.