Regular 'Geeker

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
(((STATUS UPDATE))))

I've been using MR5 since Monday night, I have re-flashed 3 times and hard-reset about 4 times.

Each time installing my list of cabs to fix a few issues when they dont work.
I have now installed the *Update* and still working without major issues on 24MB of PP.

:::Things I have noticed:::

*Added 5MB to fresh ROM install (25.6mb vs 20.4mb)

*HTC dialer has the same issue with wm6.5. You still get the scratched contacts scrolling down; but does not affect it when scrolling up.

*Defaulting to the stock wm6.5 dialer will free up some memory and making your phone react a bit faster on receiving calls. Same procedures with advanced config or a simple registry tweak to switch to stock. Also relieves you from the faulty S2A flickering.

*I have experienced some issues with the soft key not being responsive when recieving a call with stock wm6.5. I have tested on 20 calls, on 5 calls, the phone soft key to "answer" does not respond. The hard key to answer works all the time. Definately a cab issue not playing nice. No big deal.

*Text messages work great. Again, never had an issue with lag or chopped off screen to begin with. It all works great. There are a few different arcsoft cabs, one of those is creating those issues for some of us. Mine is fine.

*Battery life increases only with data connection tweak from Advanced config. Otherwise battery life will be worse than MR4.16. Once tweaked, battery life on MR4.16 is still slightly better than MR5, but makes a difference.

*Still haven't encountered sound corruption. And I hope I never do. Again, a cab installed, or a corrupted file from your backup is bringing back this issue.
Which version of Arcsoft are you using that is playing well with your text messages?