View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Snoman002
PPCGeeks Regular

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disapointed with Sprint

Well, I hate to start this with the "I love Sprint" thread being just started, but oh well.

All in all I have been happy with Sprint, I have had some troubles but other than a couple hours (total) on the phone everything has been resolved. However, recently I have been a little put off.

I have been with Sprint since 03, with an account that is in good standing. Currently I have 3 lines, nothing special, just a Family Fair and Flexable.

My problems started when I began the process of upgrading my phones. I'm one week from upgrade time, and I figured that Sprint would be more than happy to have a current customer renue their account, and be willing to allow them to do it early, thats where I was wrong.
First stop was the local store. I walked in and said I was interested in upgrading, the clerk said that regular phones were on the right, PDA phones on the left, and in the entire 30 minutes I was in the store that was the only contact I had. Nobody asking if they can help with anything, there were 5 reps and none of them were busy. The wife was a little put off but I figure what the heck, NBD.
Next the wife chatted online, asked if there was any deals Sprint would do for us, nope. The wife then asked if we could get upgrade eliability 2 weeks early, they said nope and then promptly ended the chat. Needless to say the wife was not happy.
Then tried calling, no good, no early upgrade, no sweeteners.
Ecare, nothing, wouldnt even match Best Buys price. In fact, basically said if you can get it for that price at best buy then go there.
Stopped by another local store, and had a good (friendly) conversation with the clerk, said she could offer upgrade prices, but I would not be eligable for rebates, then said she couldnt even match another Sprint dealers (Best Buy) prices.

So here I am, a loyal sprint customer, chomping at the bit to upgrade, yet not feeling much love from Sprint. Normally I wouldnt even look around, but I decided to do some digging, come to find out I can get the phones I want, Fuze and Centro, refurbished, for cheaper at ATT than I can at Sprint, AND I can get a plan thats cheaper than my current plan. Mostly because I dont have to have data on the ATT plan.

I would hate to leave Sprint, but jesh, all I really wanted was a very slightly early upgrade and Sprint cant even offer me that.

Let me know if I'm being unreasonable, but dang, I expected a little more than what I have gotten so far.
This post has been thanked 1 times.