View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Compusmurf
Halfway to VIP Status

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: [April 21st, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelas View Post
Hey guys...figured I'd get in on the fun. So far, I have not had the corrupt ringtone issue. Here's the deal. I have a cab I made that places a wav file in the windows folder and then makes a registry change to set it to be my text message notification. This cab is in my UC. I also usually set my ringtone to "modem" right after I loaded the ROM. I've been running it since the night it was released. I have a sprint TP. I have no idea why this isn't happening to me. I almost wish it was so I could help fight it.
This will work to, but to make the reg changes for every single one is a pain. Too much to customize for everyone out there. the solution I provided was the lazy way.

Originally I did it the exact same way you did, but did it with a BATCH of .wav files. 1.wav, 2.wav and just replaced the 1.wav with whatever sound I wanted for the day. I still have that in my SDCONFIG file to create entries for 1-20, but Alarmpal was quicker and easier to explain to the masses. (With the added benefit of repeating alarms)

There are absolutely more elegant ways than my "workaround" for sure. But to explain it to 1000 people.....