View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 12:54 PM
hefman
PPCGeeks Regular

hefman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My issues...FWIW

Now that threaded SMS is working and there is a workaround for WPA wifi, I've had a chance to run WM6 on my device for a few days. I'm having some of the same issues everyone else is having (volume slider not locked, HTC plugin issues, ect.). However, there are a couple of problems I'm having that I haven't heard very much noise about:

1. My battery life is MUCH worse on this ROM than previous ROMs. I have not changed anything with regard to how I use the phone (i.e., no data connection, very little, if any, wifi, moderate call usage), but I've had a chance to switch back and forth between my AKU3.5 (1.04) kitchen build and WM6 a few times now and the difference is very noticeable. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the way the device suspends. Anyone else seeing degraded battery performance?

2. Activesync is acting flaky. I've seen only a couple people report this problem. Basically, my device will connect okay to Activesync, but when I try to transfer files or install programs (from the installer), it gets stuck and then disconnects. However, the phone still thinks its connected, even if I pull the cable out. It stays that way until I soft reset. This happens about once every 4 or 5 connections. I've tried every combination/variation of USB/RDNIS and "Advanced networking..." I could think of, but no help. Hard reset and reflashing did not fix this, but when I am on my AKU3.5 ROM, it does not have this problem.