View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 03:00 PM
joojoobee666
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
yeah, wmreloc relocates modules memory mapping adreesses, so that there are no overlaps, converting to module can be good, but does not work for everything, basically, only program code can be xip, content cannot, so in the case of phone canvas, the core executable may be xip, the all the graphics will still reside in RAM, so the savings will not be huge
Ahh ok, that makes sense. I already converted Arcsoft and Etphone.dll to modules in hopes of gaining some performance from it. So far, my text messaging does seem to be a bit more responsive (I guess it could be placebo). I am going to pull HTC Task Manager from the Geeks OEM, change the GUIDS and convert it as well. I guess I will see how it goes.

Do you know of why this would be a bad idea? Am I at risk of running out of slots for the modules?