View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Medic
PPCGeeks Regular

Medic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 21st, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
Wow did I just go through an ordeal.

So I installed The TSowen fixed taskbar and the Nuepower drivers.

Reboot. Everything seems great.. My daughter messages me.. Hmm no sound came through.

I go to notifications.. BAM.. the sound you have selected is corrupt. Please select another.. also I notice the battery meter shows 86 % when I just took it off the charge.

So I reboot again.

Samething, even trying to choose a ring tone. Everything is reported as corrupt..

So I remove the power driver, the taskbar. 2 soft resets later everything is back and working properly. All sounds are fine and all notifications work properly.

I know I saw others report earlier about their sounds being corrupted. No need to hard reset just remove the task bar.

Can anyone else confirm please ? Go to notifications and try to play any sounds you have selected for E-mail, text message with any TSowen taskbar installed... etc etc.

I'm just testing everything out..
I had this issue happen with text messages but I have no modified taskbar installed at all. Also when I went into sound and notifications I wouldn't get the corrupt file error I just couldn't play the text message audio file. I actually had it happen this morning and all I have installed so far is:
s2u2
s2v
appstar atcontacts
arcsoft mms
ipaso titanium customizer
showaco chome editor
showaco titanium weather
twolf titanizer
sms160

A soft reset fixed the issue and hasn't happened since.

**edit**I remember back in the titan days this sort of similar error was happening with files not playing at times. The solution was to make them wav files. I've read here that other are doing this as a possible fix but I haven't tried it.

Last edited by Medic; 04-22-2009 at 03:58 PM.