View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 04:14 AM
Keir333
Regular 'Geeker

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333
Re: Traveling w/ Touch Pro and Wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmantis View Post
I will be taking a trip overseas. I would like to bring my Touch Pro to use for checking my email. Is there a way to turn off the data so that it will only use Wifi when available and I won't get hit with expensive roaming charges? Thanks in advance.
Who is your carrier? Your phone shouldn't even be able to connect overseas, so you shouldn't get any extreme roaming charges. The roaming charges would be from roaming on another carriers towers. If you have Sprint, Alltel/Verizon your phone is CDMA, and countries overseas use GSM technology, so you wouldn't be able to connect to their towers/systems anyways.

If you go here-
Settings>Connections>Comm Manager you can turn shut off everything but Wi-Fi mode.

Hope this helped ya out, and if it did, don't forget to hit the green "Thanks" button in the lower right corner

-Keir-