View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
regression
Regular 'Geeker

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backup your data and storage card!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use Sprite religiously. Dashwire works but I'm not putting all my private info on a public server(believe me, I have some REAL good reasons not to)

I have lost ALL the info on my 16 gig Sandisk card three times now. I think the card is defective at this point, but it doesn't matter what the reason is at this point, the end result is the same.

I had it happen again three days ago, I had over 12 gigs of stuff on that card (ripped DVD movies, cab files, mp3's, GPS programs & maps, installed programs, hundreds of icons, all my pics, six Sprite total system BU files etc etc etc) & it came up totally blank.

I have 99% of it backed up to my laptop so it's really no big deal, it's more of an annoyance than anything but definitely illustrates what could happen without a tested backup.......

~John
Yeah, I backup to my storage card daily and every other day or so I back up everything (phone memory and storage card) to my PC, which is in turn is backed up to an external hard drive, which is in turned backed up to DVD's stored at a separate location.

So hopefully I'm covered....