View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:07 AM
btonetbone
Regular 'Geeker

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mini 4.2 as default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryl View Post
can you explain this in noob terms
Opera Mini (not to be confused with Opera Mobile) is a java based program. It does not run native in Windows like most programs. To run Opera Mini, you first use a Java bed. Inside of the java bed, you then select Opera Mini. So it's like a program inside of a program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
What is the best way to get opera mini to be the default browser in 6.1?

I am currently using wm6_sd_operadefault.cab and it works intermittently. I think is was written for 4.1 and I'm using 4.2 so, maybe that is why. I wish it would work all the time because when it does, its great. I tried the mortscript method on my old 6800 and it never worked right. I am relectant to try that method again until I get a few responces from the forum since I cannot find any recent posts about this.

Thanks
Mike
I saw this on xda-forum. It may work for 4.2, but I'm not sure.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=382043