TedEBearNC
Lurker
Threadstarter

TedEBearNC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just got my Omnia

Thanks for the input everyone.

Well, the first thing I did was grab SPB Backup and made a backup before doing anything. Also grabbed a registry editor... CERegedit?.. and made a registry back up for a spare then imported the .reg file for the Samsung Today 2 screen to give it a look.

I installed SPB Mobile shell to give it a go but I had a problem when I tried to install the iMarch SPB Skins. Whenever I tried to go into SPB Manager from the Today Screen it would say Mobile shell had an error then it would lock up and I'd have to reset. I ended up uninstalling both and reinstalling SPB Mobile Shell. Not sure if it was something I did wrong or what.

I'm also trying out PocketPlus though I haven't tinkered with it much yet. The main thing it offered was closing of programs instead of minimizing them. Otherwise it looked to 'busy' out of the box but I'm guessing I can trim it down once I tinker with it.

I'd like to give M2D a try but haven't been able to locate exactly where to get it from to make sure I get the right version and how to install it.

I haven't looked at S2U2 yet but I plan to as well as Pockeshield to see which I like better.

Haven't seen PointUI so I'll give it a look. What is S2P and S2V? I looked at PocketCM but the screenies I saw didn't grab me. How customizable is it? I like the contact shortcut screens of Samsung and SPB but the scroll bars are too narrow to finger and I have to pull out the stylus if I want to scroll reliably so I'm eyeing Photo Contacts Pro as an alternative.

Guess that's all the questions I have for now.

Thanks again!

P.S. Cool avatar there syrguy1969.