View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 05:09 PM
syrguy1969
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just got my Omnia

I can't argue with a few of the suggestions already made like S2U2 (in fact all 2 of A_C's apps), and Mobile Shell (I'm trying out 3 now), but most apps are really just what you purchased the Omnia for...your own taste, you will have people comparing the Samsung Today, Today 2, Mobile Shell, PointUI.....I think you get the point.

BUT....There are a few that are real 'Must haves' in the WM world:

A good reg editing app like RESCO (pay), or a free one like Total Commander...this will help you make changes and tweaks yourself instead of waiting for someone to be kind and post a change for you.

That leads to my next suggestion....a good backup app!!! Along with reg changes and trying out a big app like Shell or PointUI comes the risk of causing irreperable glitches anf problems on the PPC, a good backup app allows you to do occasional backups of 'safe' points (I do about one a week) and be able to do a hard reset and restore your device to the point it was before the mistake. The two big hitters are RESCO and SPB. I use SPB but have heard a lot of good about RESCO....they are both pay apps, but well worth it!!!!

The third would be a good cleaning app like MemMaid (pay) or a free one like SKTools free version. This will allow you to clean out bad files and things taking up memory on your PPC (cache folders, leftover files....) and in some cases do minor tweaks to your device such as optimizing storage and running scheduled cleanings.

Now...the fun stuff...I have a few personal favorites I tend to install on all my PPCs....as mentioned earlier S2U2, S2P and S2V (doesn't work in landscape yet, but a great app), PocketCM (a great (and free) contact manager....really cool), Live Search, G-Alarm.....well I could go on like this for a while!!!

Please ask if you have anything specific in mind, need URLs to any of these, or just have a question!!!!