vpr5703
N00b

vpr5703 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: touch pro air chamber project (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Yeah good thinking. Someone smarter than me will have to figure this one out.

Like, how much power does usb 1.1 put out vs 2.0? How much power does it take to run a fan? Is it as much to charge a battery? There are docks that charge the tp and a spare battery at once off a usb connection aren't there?
Probably. I know the power specifications for USB hae always been 500mA. They most likely do have docks that charge both an extra battery and a Touch Pro at the same time, however charging times would be greatly increased for both. My Touch Pro at a 900mA draw off of the house charger will charge in roughly 1.5-2 hours. At a 250mA draw rate (thats assuming the phone is completely off and not using ANY power, highly unlikely!) the phone would take over 5 hours to charge fully. Adding a fan that draws 100-300 mA and some LEDs that draw roughly 40mA per each, would push the current over 1A. I'd definately add some auxillary power, or forgo the extra battery charging capabilities. Else you run the risk of losing power to the station completely, or burning out a USB port. If you know electronics, you can build a 5V power supply out of a spare end to a Mini USB charger, a 5V regultor, and a 8 "AA" batteries. It's not too hard. I can build a test bed for the power supply if you'd spare a small bit of cash for the components, and I'd ship it to you via UPS if needed.