Old 04-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Nastradamus
Lurker

Nastradamus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation cannot send or recieve picture text messages

Hey PPCGeeks..

I did a search for this topic and couldnt find an answer. The majority of the searches brought up an issue with Sprint's handling of video texting. It sounds like Sprint is trying to do what ATT is doing with the iPhone and trying to have only some kind of email server distrobution for pics.

Anyways.. Ive read up on some people having issues with their picture mesaging. When i first got the phone before I unlocked it I did not get a chance to try out the Picture Text Messaging. I have seen the sMMS thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...smms+touch+pro but that is for a sprint serviced phone.

Unlocked HTC Touch pro, Stealth rom, ARCSMS installed

Currently i have ARC soft installed and i was able to send a text message with my phone to my personal email address but not to my phone. In the past i was able to just enter my number and test it out that way. I checked my email and the picture i sent was not there. Whenever im sending a picture message it telling me that the connection its currently using (im guessing the phone signal) may be cut off to send that msg.. it has a hide and a yes or no selection. I select yes and it sits there. There is no info on the SENT folder that i sent a picture message.

Before installing ARCSoft sms software i wasnt even able to attempt to try to send a pic. As soon as i clicked on NEW>Picture message the screen would sort of reset and bring me back to the text selection screen. That is until i installed ARCsoft SMS i was able to get to the screen which allowed to me to select a picture to send with the message.

The other problem I have is that i receive text messages telling me its a picture message but i cant download the picture. When i select the text i got today(with a picture in it) i see at the bottom it says DOWNLOAD or Cancel. Download is grayed out.. its not selectable but cancel is selectable. tried messing with all the options.

Currently my phone has EMAIL settings to work with my hotmail but i dont want those settings. Im hoping the email settings are not telling the phone to use my email instead cuz i just want to send pics to peoples phones like i use to.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.