dondidondi
Lurker

dondidondi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia Hacks / Tips / Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchH8er View Post
Hi Omni'ers. I've been fiddling with the screen touch sensitivity for the past couple of days and found one that suits me and thought I'd share.

(very sensitive):
HKLM/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH
click = 5120
downUp= 896

This change made the texting faster and strangely more accurate, my fingers just glide(and tap) over the letters. I had a much higher downup value but when trying to configure S2U2 the screen would slide up and down like crazy so I ended up with this.

Also: I diabled the Sammy Dialer (-10MB) which disabled the screen lock during a call and tested these settings out because of the increased sensitivity of the screen. Rarely did my ear push a random soft button (usually the Start Menu icon). All this was done after the GPS unlock firmware update.

Does anyone have a screen lock solution for the default dialer while on a call? Tried S2U2 but all it seems to do is make the screen blank (black) until it's woken up somehow.

None of this could have been done without you guys at PPCGeeks! Who needs an iPhone when they have a completely customizable Sammy Omnia!

The GPS unlock firmware mentioned above, Is that for the Verizon 910? If so where do I find it?