dreamworking
Lurker

dreamworking is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatnai View Post
I only have problems with dropped satellites when I turn off AGPS, and usually it picks them back up within 20 secs (I am a sprint, USA user, I turn off AGPS when using iGO8 in Canada where I don't want to use data - TomTom won't get a lock for me in Canada with AGPS turned off). With AGPS turned on, I get a lock in 5 seconds or less, and rarely if ever lose GPS. AstroGPSLauncher is what I use, it is great.

The clock resetting issue is fixed if you simply turn of the settings in iGo that automatically update your phone clock to the GPS time server; also set the right time zone in iGO8.

For me, TomTom7 is only better for POIs, that's it. iGO8 has better graphics, UI, options, skins, and routes (for me). And I can use iGO8 out of the country, which is a plus.
Regarding the clock resetting, i have tried your instructions but still resets itself. Its really annoying.

After following your instructions i restarted igo and connecting the GPS and then Igo asked me "do you want to disable auto adjusting the timezone by connecting to the gps server?" (or something along those lines) to which i replied "yes". And then another menu came up asking me to select the right time zone which i then selected appropriate to my region (besides my region never needs timezone corrections anyway)

Please help. How should i avoid this resetting of clock after every softreset?

I use igo 8.0 update 55127. I use mio a701. Wince 5.2

Thanks