View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 03:00 PM
volDeus
PPCGeeks Regular

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarent View Post
The main reason to use opera mini over opera mobile is not the eye candy of the zoom feature, but rather the much faster rendering speeds. I only use the full mobile version for websites that mini chokes on.
maybe your reason ... i personally dont see a huge loading speed difference between mini and mobile (or even picsel) and i think it "chokes" far too often and is too featureless to use as a primary browser ... not to mention the tradeoff of image quality to the measly OBML compression and the fact that it cant open local files and has trouble with alot of downloads ...

EDIT: also i just downloaded beta 2 and played with it for a minute and unless i'm crazy it doesnt even zoom anymore ... just reformats server side to fit the screen

i agree for some devices the advantages are undeniable ... but isnt this a forum for a 400mhz QVGA EVDO PPC?

to each his own i guess

Last edited by volDeus; 09-09-2007 at 03:11 PM.