PPCGeeks Regular

hannip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hannip
Re: NEW Palm Threaded sms app with MMS 4/1/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyman View Post
I used this on the Sprint Mogul for several days. My experience has been that the SMS/MMS works like a charm.

My issues have been:
* No New Message Icon in the top toolbar
Yeah I miss that too.

Quote:
* The Unread Text Message count icon on the today screen is a tad larger than the others
That's because it was designed for a 128 dpi screen. Only the devices using the new 320x320 res use 128 dpi. Most others use 96 dpi. So if the 800w Palm app doesn't have any new features that you want you would be better suited using the 750 Palm app.

Quote:
* Every text message I receive comes in marked Urgent
hmm, that's not the case for me. Is that true for every text you get from everyone? The priority is set by the sender.

Quote:
In addition to the above bugs, I don't like the little phone icon in the threaded messages for quick callback. For all these reasons, I still prefer the old Palm WM6 Threaded Messaging (aka: codyppc Threaded Messaging). My thing is, if the new program will send MMS, why doesn't the old program? I have set all the settings the same...

Message Center number: <blank>
Email Center number: 6245
MMS Gateway Address: <blank>
MMS URL: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
Network Profile: The Internet

It makes no sense.
Well the 750 is a GSM phone so the app probably doesn't have some CDMA specific code that it needs. Not sure what that might be though. The registry keys that enabled MMS send for Sprint on the 800w app are:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General]
"IsMMSSupported"=dword:00000001
"IsVerizon"=dword:00000001
"IsGSM"=dword:00000000
You could try these using the 750 app to see if it works.