View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Spearoid
PPCGeeks Regular

Spearoid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Do you have some numbers to back up the awesome claim? Opera is using 5 kb of memory and 0% of my CPU currently on my phone. Meanwhile, manila2.exe is using 3381 kb (just for some perspective). I find it hard to believe that gaining that 5 kb of memory is vastly going to improve battery life. I just don't think that there was enough time between 'discovering' how to kill the process and making the claim that it will improve battery life. If there's actual data (or even a day or two of using the phone with the new setting) that shows it will make battery life, I wouldn't be skeptical at all.
Well you must have not seen my posts a few pages back where I was skeptical like you....for similar reasons and more. This was a week ago. I used 4.8 for a week or more without knowing about the "opera9 autoload" concept...and my battery sucked.....died after about 7 hours of "my use." I learned about the opera9 issue.....argued, doubted, then just did it...and have been using my phone for more than a week now manually closing opera9 every time I reset my phone......and the difference was so blatantly obvious that there was never any need to run any numbers. Opera9 must make some sort of data request every certain interval of time....and it must be this that drains the battery.....because I get at least 3 more hours of use now that I kill it. So, a week of testing (unintentionally) with opera9 running always, and a week or testing without, and I no longer have to charge my phone at work to keep it from dying before I go home.

Just do it......and you will see the same thing, again, unless you are an Opera freak who used it every time you reset your phone and consquently closed the opera9 process without realize it was already running.