View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Do you have some numbers to back up the awesome claim? Opera is using 5 kb of memory and 0% of my CPU currently on my phone. Meanwhile, manila2.exe is using 3381 kb (just for some perspective). I find it hard to believe that gaining that 5 kb of memory is vastly going to improve battery life. I just don't think that there was enough time between 'discovering' how to kill the process and making the claim that it will improve battery life. If there's actual data (or even a day or two of using the phone with the new setting) that shows it will make battery life, I wouldn't be skeptical at all.
I closed the process this morning just to see if it makes a difference. My analysis will be completely unscientific though on a related subject, has anyone tried Lumos out yet to replace your auto light settings. Many our claiming this will help with battery life as well.