View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Spearoid
PPCGeeks Regular

Spearoid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Not that I don't believe you, but how are you basing that this will increase your battery life so significantly. You just found out about it a couple hours ago. Are you just basing it on the battery discharge rate? If so, can you list the before and after for me so that I can decide if I want a slower starting Opera or better battery life? TIA
His suggestion removes the Opera process from running automatically after soft reset. If you arent using Opera, and that process is not "killed" after a soft reset, it DOES drain your battery significantly. If you manually kill the process, OR if you load up Opera (after a soft reset) and then exit Opera (which also kills the process), then the battery drain goes away.

So his advertisement is true, provided you arent a freak Opera user that loads it up seconds after every soft reset (does anyone like that actually exist?)

Thank you Mr Obvious for the answer to my question from many posts ago on how to remove that stupid process from the start!