showaco
Lurker

showaco is keeping up the good workshowaco is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
I've been playing with the for a while now, and I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. I think I'm understanding that with the GUID we will be able to create new panels without making anything "invisible". To test it I simply created a "test" panel using that GUID, and then copied my "welcome center" panel in the CPR file and changed it to represent Test at the end of the cpr file. I then pasted my new CPR and I then went through the standard step to set up the panel, and havent been able to get it to show up. I see Test in the configurator, I've added it to the xml file, but i can't get it to show up. Anyone have any ideas? Shawco, am i missing the boat on this or am I on the right track?
yeah, this GUID can be used multiple times without losing condensed titles. When you copied the welcome center panel in the cpr, did you rename it to TestExpanded and TestCondensed(in the cpr)? You also need to have the Test key in reg with the same values as first key listed in that reg I posted. So you need the values for: Updated, Pages, DataSource, GUID, Layout, LocName.

Make those values something like this:
Updated -- make this as dword, value of 0 or 1
Pages -- this is your list of pages your using in this panel
DataSource -- this shoud be set to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\Test
GUID -- just copy the same
Layout -- 'Test', this tells it the name to look for in the cpr files
LocName -- 'Test'

In the pages registry keys, make sure whatever the image and text lines are called in the cpr are listed here. This GUID reads the info based on name given in cpr. So if cpr says: <Image ID="Image 1" Left="350" Top="-4" Width="100" Height="100" />
then registry needs to have entry called Image 1 for it to read. For text that looks like this in cpr: <Text ID="Text 1" Left="20" Top="52" Width="348" Height="42" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Bold" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">
then registry needs entry called Text 1.

The other GUID's used those names in cpr, but in registry they sometimes had different names and must have been loaded by chome on launch. This GUID can have values changed in registry, and if you toggle the Updated value from 1 to 0(or 0 to 1) then that whole panel reloads without needing to restart chome plugin or soft reset. I'm going to try to learn some programming to make a app to allow easy customization based on this GUID, but since I have little experience, it might take week or two.
This post has been thanked 1 times.