Lurker

jaycee1981 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications

Hi!

Quote:
How to Add a New Panel

*Thanks to showaco...due to my lack of programming/coding skills, I never would have been able to get this to work.*

You have the ability to add new panels to CHome, however there are limitations. Currently, there are two options in doing this:

Option 1
: This option is the easiest, however it does have more limitations. If you follow the instructions for this method, you can add a new panel, but it does come at the cost of losing the "Launcher" panel. You will need CHome Configurator and a registry editor.
  • Disable Titanium.
  • Open CHome Configurator.
  • Select Menu>Panel>New to create a new panel. For example's sake, let's say we're creating a "Contacts" panel.
  • After you name your panel, you will be back at the CHome Configurator home screen. Highlight the panel titled "Contacts" you just created.
  • Select Menu>Panel>Customize.
  • Select Menu>Page>New.
  • You can either manually input the information yourself, or use a template. I recommend using a template until you get the hang of it. (Menu>Template>App Launcher/Contact Dialer/Internet Link). For this example, we'll choose App Launcher from the template menu.
  • Select "Contacts" from the list of applications.
  • Select the icon you wish to use.
  • You will be taken back to the screen with your page settings. In the "Collapsed" field, type whatever you want to show on the CHome home screen. For this example, I'll use "Contacts"
  • Now you should be back at the CHome Configurator home screen. Highlight the newly created Contacts panel and tap "Show" (left soft key).
  • Highlight the CLinks panel and select Menu>Panel>Disable>CLinks
  • Exit the program (make sure you close the program by using Menu>Exit or your changes will not be saved).
  • Now you will need to open whatever regedit software you use. Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome.
  • Open ExtensibilityXML. In the string, you will need to insert the name of the panel you just created in the place you want it to be displayed on the CHome home screen. The plugins are separated by a ";"
  • Save your changes and soft reset. Upon booting, re-enable Titanium and you should see your new panel.
Ok, i followed the instructions (i did several times)
I did the example: Contacts, but it does not show/display on my titanium

Can anyone help me, please?
This post has been thanked 1 times.