View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 03:57 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefman View Post
Like everyone else, I'm curious too, but I'm patient. I'm sure I'll be jumping on the first kitchen that comes out though...

I doubt it's a trivial thing to create a kitchen from a brand new ROM. I'm sure there will be lots of testing required for the encoding tools and all the OEMs, etc. Personally, I'd rather they get some of the quirks ironed out (like secured wifi or threaded sms ) before releasing it anyway. That way, we don't have to have 6 or 7 different revs of kitchen.
I was going to say the exact same thing. I can wait for the kitchen as long as some of the major show-stoppers were fixed such as wpa wifi (the biggest one for me).

Palm Threaded SMS will be nice also, but the biggest hindrance of my acceptance of WM6 is the fact that I can't connect to the wpa-tkip network at my house.

Plus, with the information in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=1904 can't you already make your own custom rom/kitchen if you were so inclined? I'd rather see the bugs ironed out.

Last edited by ksg; 09-07-2007 at 04:01 PM.