saqer
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by javo419 View Post
Not possible on this phone...this is more of a hardware than a software thing, The 6800 is going to support it, but not this one.
lol...i feel this is like the 6700 gps debate all over again, but after reading the thread i posted earlier I'm fully convinced that it's a software issue that in time will be solved with a driver update. Here's the thread again >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=310456

Also, this article I read earlier is just soo informative I felt really good after reading it! It has some other information about storage cards and how they work >>
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...-about-sd.aspx

If you read down you'll notice the writer has this to say about SD 2.0

Quote:
Most cards and card readers out there follow the 1.1 version of the SD specification. That spec maxed out with 2G cards. There's a new 2.0 version of the spec that allows for larger cards, but Windows Mobile currently doesn't support SD 2.0. Even though we don't explicitly support SD 2.0, it's possible for our OEMs to add support themselves (I don't know if any have). So if you've got a Windows Mobile device that's able to read 4G SD cards, you don't have to call me a liar. Ignorant, yes. Liar, no.
Here's some more information from a wikipedia article that states:

Quote:
The SDHC standard addresses this limitation by using 32-bit block addresses instead. Both SD and SDHC are traditionally accessed as 512-byte blocks on 512-byte boundaries, so the change to host software or firmware is minor but required.
Here's why I'm totally excited about this and I think you should too. Quoted from the same wikipedia article:

Quote:
In August 2007 Toshiba announced that they would be launching a 32GB SDHC card and an 8 GB MicroSDHC card worldwide in January 2008. Toshiba also announced a 16GB version available in the last quarter of 2007.
The thought of me being able to boast a 32 gb card or even just a 16gb card in a phone/pda that can also do gps, do exchange mail, surf the net and 100 other things makes me feel set for just a few more years.

A little off topic, but I also just spotted a Video-out minisd adapter going to be released soon by Spectec ( http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdv.htm ). Imagine all the things you can do with all that storage and Video-out. We are literally carrying what future devices will be able to do, we just don't know it yet. I mean the point I'm trying to get across here is that expensive phones are being released like the 6800 and the iphone that don't have anything extra (per se) our Apaches have now, so we might as well settle in for the long run and invest more time and effort in our current phones.

Last edited by saqer; 09-07-2007 at 01:45 AM.