View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 10:34 AM
superman426
PPCGeeks Regular

superman426 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to superman426 Send a message via MSN to superman426 Send a message via Yahoo to superman426
Re: Sprint Navigation update

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaolyen View Post
Stumbled across this today at the Sprint Users Forum; the directions are good and I'm wondering if any Chef's would want to cook this in?

http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181730

(copied from OP)

Touch and Touch Pro Sprint Navigation UPDATE AND FIX step by step
Ok well I got my Touch pro and as expected I love it. One thing about the Touch and Touch Pro that bothered me was the sprint navigation. When you open the sprint navigation it is actually opening the Telnav application that sprint has decided to put their name all over which really bugs me to begin with but also another thing that I’m sure you have noticed is that the sprint navigation (Telnav) is very distorted and pixilated around the buttons etc and even the splash screen is quite messy. Well I have been looking at the files for Telnav and I've found out that this is because sprint has decided to put a version of Telnav on our phones that was actually built for phones with a much lower screen resolution than the Touch/Pro.

Here's the fix and believe me if you are planning on using the navigation a regular basis like I do it’s well worth it.

Step 1. Download the cab file located at the following address (THIS IS OFFICIAL TELNAV SITE) http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tn/choice/htc_htc.html and choose HTC as your option.

step 2. Install the cab to your device (not storage card) and after install go ahead and run the program. (start menu/programs/TELNAV)

Step 3. On first run the program will go thru a setup where your telephone number will already be displayed and under that the set up wants you to enter your pin (obtain your pin number by going to http://signin.telenav.com/tnsso/sso/...nav.com%2Fmytn and choosing the link "Get Your Pin” after putting in your phone number) they will text you with your pin number in just a few seconds and you may now enter that number into the Telnav setup on your Touch/Pro

Step 4. After setup is complete you may want to navigate to Windows/Start menu/Programs and delete “sprint navigation.lnk” so that you don’t have duplicate icons in your programs list. (you will have to use a 3rd party explorer like “Resco Explorer” in order to delete the file (google it if you still need Resco Explorer)

Done!

The end result is the original Telnav splash screen which is not distorted at all and mentions nothing about Sprint, All Buttons within Telnav are now grey and black theme with no distortion or pixilation, an easier to navigate interface that is not plastered with all the crap logos that Sprint put in the original.

I believe that you will not need to worry about your favorite places being deleted because (correct me if I’m wrong) I believe the favorites must be updated on the Telnav servers. I have had sprint navigation on two phones with the same number and to my surprise after the above update was done I actually had my favorites from both phones already updated to the new version we just installed.

Woo Hoo nothing missing and a much better product. Hope that someone does the above changes and enjoys the change as much as I did.

Write me back if there is anything that should be said!

mcmism

Where can I get the Sprint Telnav cab?