Old 09-06-2007, 08:54 AM
avantgo001
Lurker

avantgo001 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
I just did the same thing. No issues. I'm on the east coast. Could it be a coastal thing?
It hung on the green Windows Mobile screen a little longer than normal, but it came back into the phone OS just fine. PRL is updated.

My batteries do seem to be draining faster for some reason. Also noticed that it just randomly comes on every so often. I recall having this issue before with WM5, and I also recall there being a Reg Tweak to correct it. Problem is that I don't even know what key words to put in for a search. I may try to install the iPhone Slide to Unlock program, that way at least I won't be randomly dialing people when it comes on by itself.
So two people did *228 option 1 and then *228 option 2 and had no issues. Interesting. I'm in New England and only did a single *228 option 1 (not option 2 after it was done). I'll try that on Sunday night.

In my opinion, the battery drain is due to the fact that this build appears to keep the data connection to Verizon open all day vs. in WM5 when it would connect and then disconnect after a short period of time. I too have been looking for a reverse hack that would force it to disconnect after a short time and then reconnect when needed. The way I'm reading it, when I see the dual arrows going in opposite directions where the signal strength meter is, it seems to be connected. I could get a day no problem on my battery (12-18 hours) whereas now I barely make it to dinner time before having to plug in. If someone know how to make the Verizon data connection disconnect after a timeout, please help. Remember, there are issues with dialing 911 as well. A big concern. I wonder if the dual *228 mentioned at the beginning of the post will help that.