taspankya
Lurker

taspankya is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tether using Linux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natataka View Post
what the hell did i get into. i just received my dell mini ubuntu. i have no idea how to install this stuff. there is no exe..that will install this? i dont know what you guys are talking about....i might just install xp on it. if im just trying install active sync and i cant figure this out. what about any other programs out there.
yea linux is rough... are you on the MIE version of ubuntu or full ubuntu 8.10? if you are on MIE the commands listed above wont work because of the headers (commands missing) that are left out. full ubuntu works though as it supports the 'make' command.

no easy .exe , things are installed differently in linux, its similar, but to learn it it takes alot of patience and reading. i have given up many times good luck, and getting windows installed on the hp mini is tougher than i thought, i still couldnt get it to work without assigning the usb as C: and hard drive as D: ...

sorry for the tangent.. but take away point is this: watered down linux like MIE will not support commands needed to install the rndis for titan to tether