Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: voice command not announcing incoming calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Edit this registry key:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category
Change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

As originally stated, it works, but sounds level is low. To increase the sound level, I did this edit:

HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Voice Command1\AttenutationCategory

I set it to 4 which is decent, you can go to 5, but I see no difference going louder. Using 0 or 1 will make it whisper quiet.

If that does not make it louder, then edit:
HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Ring\AttenutationCategory

Same thing, set to 4 or 5.

I didn't have to make any changes to InitVol registry settings as previous people stated.

Now the phone will speak callers name and phone type (IE, "home"), if my BT headset is enabled then it will spreak it over the headset instead.

I also like it better when "Michelle" talks a little slower, as previously stated that can be changed by editing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices \DefaultTTSRate

Mine defaulted to 5, I dropped it to 1 which is normal/slightly slow talking. I think I might bump it up to 2 at some point.

Thanks a million guy this works like charm, you call the voice lady Michelle, her real name is "Miss Bowtron", I saw her in the club last night with her loud mouth, but looking good, {LOL}, anyway she is too loud on my phone now.... Just about everybody has been trying to figure out to make "Miss Bowtron" voice louder and you came up with the perfect hack to make "Miss Bowtron" too loud, again thanks a million. Oh! By the way, I got her set to "7", that's loud...{LOL}
Want to try this but can't figure out how to get where I need to get. I have PHM RegEdit, TouchCommand & Resco File explorer if someone could give me quick lesson that would be great
This post has been thanked 1 times.