Old 04-04-2009, 04:57 PM
dyskinesia
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dyskinesia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EZ Automated UC ?

OK, comparing the registry takes a LONG time even with Ceregistry.

So before I make a big mistake, let me make sure I ma doing this right.

I did flashed and made sure all my programs ran then I did a FULL image of the registry. then I spent a long time tweaking and adjusting all my settings and making sure everything works. It does so now I want to compare the two.

I made a second complete registry image (that way I don't risk toasting the phones working registry while I play) Then I let ceregistry editor do it's work and a while later it shows me about 5700 differences. Some are program registrations, some are function/appearance tweaks. I first went through each folder or key and said "select all" hoping to make a large list that could be compiled into a big .reg file or a .cab This was going well until I noticed that It seems that sometimes it chooses the OLD setting over the new setting??

What is the reference point that it compares? I want it to only choose the newer registry entry? am I doing something wrong?

Also, at this point would it be better to install several small .reg files or .cab files or one big one? I'm not going to do 5000+

My setup is fairly stable so I don't expect many changes. Is my workflow OK, do I need to go in to ever entry and choose what I want?

Thanks for the help. I'm ALMOST there