ststephen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remote Desktop Software Comparison

First $ome Detail$:

GoToMyPC.com
One PC $19.95/mo. $179.40/yr. Save 25%
Two PCs $29.95/mo. $269.40/yr. Save 25%
3-20 PCs Additional PCs: $14.98/mo. OR $135.00/yr.

LogMeIn.com
LogMeIn Pro Monthly, Per PC Annual , Per PC
Single PC $12.95 /month, per PC $69.95 /year, per PC
2-10 PCs $9.95 /month, per PC $59.95 /year, per PC

WM5 Remote Desktop Mobile
FREE

RDM+ by Shape Services
$44.95, one time, per Pocket PC, unlimited PC's

To start off, let me say, there are many more services/programs out there, maybe others will post their experiences. I tried these hearing that they worked well on the 6700.

To start with Remote Desktop Mobile: Never got it running, probably due to some proxy issues. Didn't really have the time to work on it, I have heard others are happy with it.

LogMeIn and GotoMyPC: Basically, they work. On the Pocket PC I find they are both quite choppy and slow. They seem to work in a similar manner, scrolling and zooming is very tedious to me. I can't remember which one, but one of these would freeze the PPC on occasion. Installation/setup is quite simple in both cases. Removal of Program/Cancellation of trial is not as easy. Free 30 day trial then $12.95-$19.95 per month.
logmein.com
gotomypc.com

RDM+ by ShapeServices: Smoother, "snappier" and can handle some commands the others don't. I don't often get too impressed by trial software, however, I couldn't wait to register this one. And a much better deal, $44.95, one time fee, per PPC, unlimited PC's. You can have a friend/customer install the desktop client and have control of their PC in minutes. I run a Win95 program that I need access to about 3-5 times per week, I just keep the host PC running and login when needed. Installation/setup is a breeze, very Pocket PC friendly website. Uninstalls well if you decide not to buy. You only get a 7 day trial, but I bought mine after 3 days.
shapeservices.com

I suggest you try them all, see which works for you. It didn't take me very long to make my choice. RDM+ seems to work "differently" than the other two. I can't explain it, but the others seem like the Pocket PC was a afterthought, while RDM+ was meant for the Pocket PC.

I am sure there are more....