View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Adrynalyne
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking of dumping my I910 for a Blackberry

I honestly feel people can get way too caught up in "tricking" out winmo, whether they do it, or the OEM does.

I think you need to re-evaluate hjow you use the device.

Samsung menus do not have great, nor accurate, kinetic scrolling. That said, with you using a Q with WM5, I am guessing you can probably live without that.

Use the slider bar to the right. It is included on every Samsung Omnia app that needs scrolling. It can be controlled as slow, or fast as you like, you just have to keep your finger in place, because there is no kinetic scrolling gesture for that bar.

Next, you need to find an interface that works for you as a phone, first.

If the Samsung dialer bothers you, then siwtch to the Windows Mobile dialer. I am sure you are familiar with that one. Personally, I like the Samsung dialer, expecially since I hacked the touch lock out of it.

As for losing them....got me there. Can you elaborate?

If you like an icon based Today screen, consider Samsung Today 2. It is simple, efficient, includes one touch access to many settings, as well as favorites. It plays with other plugins as well, so you can add another plugin or so, for something like the calendar. Its not a terribly exciting interface, but it has a lot of utility.

Samsung widgets is eye candy, with no sustenance or usability.

Smasung Today 1 is a poor attempt at an iPhone like UI. It works well, but lacks flexibility.