romulus15
N00b

romulus15 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TXT "bug"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvith View Post
Does anyone if this rom update shows the "character" # for txt?
Not yet. It doesn't work yet, hopefully someone will figure out how to enable it. I never used it much myself as all the phones i send txt's to support multi-message texts. I just keep on typing and the phone will break it up into 160 character messages and send them individually.

----

I can confirm the txt message disappearing bug, and can extend it a little bit.

When you get a new, unread txt message and soft reset the phone, the unread message will be gone. Existing read txt's _will_ still be there ok. I can add that I had 2 unread email messages that I deleted. I then soft reset the phone and they returned as unread messages.

This WAS a problem with every single ROM I had on the phone from the initial ROM release on Verizon.

I believe it might be a timing issue. People with this "issue" please verify.

Send yourself a txt, then immediately soft reset after it comes in. The txt will be gone.

Send yourself another txt, wait a few minutes, then soft reset. The txt will still be there.

It seems like the incoming txt's, as well as emails, don't get written to the appropriate data file for a while. Seems like they get stored in a temporary file, then after 30 seconds to 2 minutes, they get written to the permanent data store.

This same behavior is exhibited when editing the registry in the past. If anyone remembers, editing the registry and immediately soft resetting causes the change not to take. You had to wait a few minutes, then soft reset for the change to take effect.

I'm not sure if it's by design from the MS programmers(albeit a strange design choice), or if it's a hardware limitation in the threading model of the processor.

I'm not sure that this is a bug or not.

Can anyone that has WM5 loaded see if this affects them as well?