View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Gilliland
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Gilliland is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks, you have collectively been very helpful. Shellguy's recollection of the ##778# is correct - that's the code that brings up the edit menu. Then the MSL code is required, and that (as it turns out) is the six digit number that the CSR gave me. So I'm now able to get into the phone's internal settings.

There are two different phone numbers in there. One is the "Mobile Directory Number", which is currently set to the number that I've been using. Obviously, I should change this to the new number.

The other is the "MSID". That is set to a number that I've never seen before. It's not my new number, it's not my old number. But it is a phone number in my same area code. I don't know whether I should change that to the ported number or if I should just leave it alone.

Does anyone know what an "MSID" is?

In fact, now that I look closer, I see several other settings that carry this same unknown phone number. There is a field called NMSI that is set to the same number, but with two leading zeros. And another one called IMSI that is set to the same number but prefaced with 31000. And there is also a field called MIN1 that contains just the seven digit number, and one called MIN2 that contains just the area code.

I'm beginning to think that I should leave all of these numbers alone. But it would still be helpful to understand what an MSID is. Anyone know?

Last edited by Gilliland; 09-02-2007 at 10:02 PM.